Online Event Series
Every month, CHPCA hosts an Online Event on different hospice palliative care topics. If you would like to join our invitation mailing list, please click here. If you have an idea for an Online Event you would like to share with us, please contact us. Please click here to view our past events.
Understanding and Improving Spiritual Health with Palliative Care Clients and Health Care Provide
- Describe the spiritual domain total pain/holistic care
- Describe screening and assessing spiritual health for palliative care clients
- Explore the significance of the Spiritual Care Plan in relation to the Interprofessional Care Plan
- Discuss respective scopes of practice for the professionals delivering spiritual care
- Discuss the practice of grief and bereavement care of yourself and of Palliative Care clients.
Rev. Dr. Peter Barnes
Rev. Dr. Peter Barnes is the Bereavement Coordinator in Palliative Care with the Eastern Health Region of Newfoundland and Labrador. Prior to this he was an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Human Sciences, Counselling and Spirituality Division, Saint Paul University. He is a certified teaching supervisor in Clinical Pastoral Education and has taught courses in spiritual care theory and practice.
Please click here to view the recording.