Mission and Vision
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is the national association, which provides leadership in hospice palliative care in Canada.
The CHPCA offers leadership in the pursuit of excellence in care for persons approaching death so that the burdens of suffering, loneliness and grief are lessened.
The CHPCA will strive to achieve its mission through:
- collaboration and representation;
- increased awareness, knowledge and skills related to hospice palliative care of the public, health care providers and volunteers;
- development of national standards of practice for hospice palliative care in Canada;
- support of research on hospice palliative care;
- advocacy for improved hospice palliative care policy, resource allocation and supports for caregivers.
- CHPCA Board of Directors, August 1999
Vision of the CHPCA
"That all Canadians have access to quality end-of-life care."
- CHPCA Board of Directors, September 2007